Join WWC for the second general meeting of the semester tonight from 7 to 8:30 pm inECSS 3.503. We’ll be having pizza and learning about some new research in CS! Our speaker is Junia Valente, a PhD candidate for Software Engineering. She’s been to hackathons and tech companies around the US, and she’s met big-time tech leaders like Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook.
Just a few reminders:
- E-Week: Engineers Week is an upcoming campus-wide week-long celebration of engineering fields. Each day there will be competitive events hosted by various ECS organizations (with prizes!). More details can be found at http://ecs.utdallas.edu/
engineersweek. We’re looking for volunteers and team members, so if you’re interested please email us–sign-ups will be sent out later.
- Volunteer opportunity: Starting this Saturday, Open Coding Hours will be taking place in the Mac Lab in ATEC. It’s open for kids to practice their coding skills and even work with each other on projects. The program could use as many volunteers as possible, so if you’re interested use this link to sign up: Click here
- UTD’s Women Center is hosting Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day onThursday, February 26th, from 10am-2pm. They need greeters, activity leaders, etc. to make the event successful. If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the following form as soon as possible: http://tinyurl.com/
- Want to be a TEDx speaker? Have an idea worth spreading? TEDxUTD is looking for students to speak at the spring conference alongside guests from within the UTD and DFW community. The application closes on February 18th, so click here to apply: tedxutd.com/apply
- The Entrepreneurship Club is hosting a FREE networking dinner and speaker event for UTD women on April 7th! The President of the Sales Company will be speaking, and many influential women will be present. Spaces are limited, so register soon using this link: http://www.eventbrite.
See you tonight!